Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

A resolution that could save your life - or the life of someone you love


The best New Year’s resolutions are realistic, attainable goals that you can accomplish within a set time frame, and which will better your life. Resolve to be more prepared in 2013, and check off some of the steps you know you would like to take to protect your household, business or community…but haven’t yet gotten around to. Some ideas for goals:
  • Complete an emergency plan for my household by Jan. 31.
  • Put together 72-hour kits for home, car and work and update their ingredients at least once every 6 months.
  • Set a date to change my smoke/carbon monoxide detector batteries twice a year (Spring Forward and Fall Back are great reminders).
  • Earn my CPR and/or First Aid Certification – or renew it if I have let it lapse.
  • Enroll my business in Ready Rating and complete the self-administered assessment by the end of the first quarter.
  • Get more involved in my community’s preparedness by becoming a Red Cross volunteer or supporting local Red Cross preparedness programs.
Happy New Year, and here's to a happy, healthy, safe 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment