Pages

Monday, February 18, 2013

Meet your Bloggers: Leslie Madsen

Over the years, I’ve written many articles about companies and nonprofits around Colorado and am excited to add “new” blogger for Mile High Red Cross, to my quiver of fantastic writing projects!

Good storytelling is more than the dissemination of information.  Providing readers with quality stories about various components of the Red Cross is how we connect with our community, and ultimately, with humanityFostering this connection is critical in this day and age of reality shows and media hype: only you can distinguish between the important and the inane!

As for me, I moved to Colorado in the early 1980’s in order to attend the University of Denver and earn a masters degree in international studies.  I launched a career, got married, had two wonderful sons and traveled the world, both professionally and for fun.

So now it’s time to give back to the community.  When I’m not volunteering for the Audio Information Network of Colorado, Mayfair Neighbors or A+ Angels Mentoring at East High School, you’ll find me skiing, snowshoeing or playing tennis.  However, my #1 outdoor pursuit is hiking, including treks to Argentina, the south island of New Zealand, Canada and lots of great trails here in our wonderful state.

I am looking forward to posting blogs for the Red Cross that describe the incredible talent and depth of this humanitarian organization.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment