Pages

Monday, April 15, 2013

Meet Your Bloggers: Beckie Kenter

Hey y’all! 

My name is Beckie and I’m the new Preparedness blogger.  I’m a native Wisconsinite and Badger who moved out to Denver in August of 2011, where I saw mountains for the first time; let’s just say it was love at first sight!  Speaking of, hiking in those mountains is one of my favorite activities, especially in the winter!  My husband and I also manage to keep busy going to local music shows, eating at great Denver restaurants and going to all the great sports events in town.  If I have any free time left, I spend it gardening, baking and working towards my goal of reading 1,000 novels in my lifetime.

I teamed up with the Red Cross in April of 2012 after seeing one of the Preparedness Team ladies on the news announcing a Preparedness Workshop.  I’d been looking for a way to get involved with my new community and after meeting people at the workshop, I knew that the Red Cross was the perfect fit.  I’ve come quite a ways in the year since I attended volunteer orientation; I’ve helped to build the new Youth Preparedness Team, of which I am the volunteer lead, I’ve earned my Babysitter’s Training Instructor status and I am now proud to add Preparedness Blogger to the list! 

I would say that the main reason that my Red Cross resume is so full of Preparedness is that of all the services that we offer to our community, I think that Preparedness has the most potential to empower people.  Also, I love working with kids and Preparedness the most fitting Red Cross department where kids of almost any age can, and do, make a huge impact in their communities.  None of us can ever predict or completely deter an emergency, but by arming our community with the tools to be prepared, our community feels and is a safer place to be.  I guess you could say that getting prepared is my passion!  Drop me a line if you have anything preparedness-related you’d like to see on the blog!

Peace, love and preparedness!

No comments:

Post a Comment