Pages

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Meet Your Bloggers: Kaitlin Sullivan

A Minnesota native, I graduated from UMN with a degree in Strategic Communication. After working in advertising as a copywriter for the past few years, I’m making the transition into my journalism career. There are few things I enjoy in life more that writing, except, of course, dogs.

I spent last spring in Brazil and feel fortunate to have had the opportunity to visit seven countries in the past four years.  Seeing the world is what I plan to do for the rest of my life, thus I am shaping my career goals around it. I plan to attend graduate school to pursue a masters in international journalism. I want to spend my life telling the stories of people who have never been asked to tell their story before.

I moved to Colorado because of a job, but it is the mountains, the outdoor culture, and the sunny winters that convinced me to stay.  As a blogger, I look forward to getting to know the niche communities that make up my new home. Writing for the American Red Cross will give me the opportunity to tell the stories of Colorado locals, maybe some who have never been asked to share their story before.


Kaitlin in Thailand on her first trip abroad.

No comments:

Post a Comment