In 1914, just as WWI began, local visionaries saw the need to locate a Red Cross chapter in Colorado. This year, we are excited to celebrate 100 years of service in Colorado!
We hope you'll join us all year long as we celebrate a century of service, remember the many lives touched by Red Cross volunteers over the years and build the foundation for the Red Cross to continue serving Colorado for another 100 years and beyond.
You can read more about our history on our About Us page; we'll also be posting on this blog throughout the year sharing interesting facts about our history, stories about our past and present volunteers, and more.
There are many ways to get involved in celebrating and supporting the Red Cross of Colorado in our centennial year. We will be commemorating the many past and present contributions of the Red Cross and its volunteers in Colorado through a series of events and campaigns, including:
- Jan. 29 - Century Kick-off (Denver)
- Feb. 13 – Pueblo Hometown Heroes Dinner (Pueblo)
- March – Red Cross Month (nationwide)
- March 22 – The Century of Champions Red Cross Ball (Denver) SOLD OUT! (Sponsorships still available)
- April 1 – Pikes Peak Chapter Hometown Heroes Event (Colorado Springs)
- April 23 – Celebrating a Century of Community Heroes Event (Fort Collins)
- May – Turn the State Red (statewide)
- May 2 – Real Western Heroes Event (Grand Junction)
- June 1-7 – CPR week (nationwide)
- June – Behind The Red Century Celebration (Denver)
- November – Chapter “birthday” parties
(statewide) and Century Center Ribbon Cutting
For more details about specific events, visit our Web site Events page.