OK holiday shoppers, meaningful gifters, Type-A planners and busy people who like to get more for their money: This blog is for you!
We’ve come up with a short list of win-win opportunities for your holiday spend. Check two items off your holiday to-do list: Give a gift, and give back!
1. Date-Night Delight! Treat yourself or someone on your “nice” list to a restaurant night out. Save a ton of money. And, at no cost to you, the Red Cross will also benefit from your culinary delight. Boom! Go to this LivingSocial Deal and spend $40 to receive a $200 value Restaurant.com eGift Card, from today through December 22. Four dollars of each purchase will be donated to the Red Cross via OPP Brand Solutions, an agent of Restaurant.com.
2. Zoom Zoom. Imagine yourself in that new car, zipping along curves....or safely and comfortably navigating traffic with the kids strapped in the back, if that’s more your speed. Either way, if your end-of year shopping includes a new Mazda, you can also “drive” a donation to the Red Cross.
Now through January 2, customers who purchase or lease a new Mazda vehicle may direct a $150 donation from Mazda to the American Red Cross (among other participating charities) during the Mazda Drive for Good event.
3. A Gift From the Heart. What do you get the person who has everything? How about the power to save a life? Now through Dec. 31, we’re offering 20% off CPR and First Aid training through our special “Friends and Family” discount.
- Grandpa and Grandma would be thrilled to know child and infant CPR and first aid for when they watch the grandkids.
- Your niece doesn’t want that sweater you picked out (sorry). But she’ll enjoy the prospect of earning her own shopping money by babysitting, with help from the Red Cross Babysitter Training you provide.
- Or, treat yourself to CPR training knowing that it may empower you to give the ultimate gift some day: saving someone’s life.
4. BurgerFi Your Giving. In what amazing, perfect world does consuming delicious burgers help people who have lost their homes to disasters? THIS amazing world we’re in right now!
Now through December 31, BurgerFi will match in-store gift-card purchases dollar for dollar, for a minimum donation of $10,000 to the Red Cross. They’re also matching gifts through this microsite. Sounds like a great idea for the burger-lover in your life!